Why editorial strategy is an investment in growing your business: a presentation 3.21.11 0
We at Technically Media hear a lot of the same, but very valid, concerns about organizations moving toward content creation. We tend to see it all as an investment in the future, but we knew we needed to have a more direct take.
So, of late, we’ve been giving a presentation focused on reversing all the reasons why organizations don’t get involved. See the presentation above, check the reasons and our answers below and have us come give this presentation or another to your group, business or organization.
- We already have a social media strategy — You have a social media strategy to promote content, but no content to promote.
- We already have a website — Websites don’t attach and attract, they inform. Fresh content grows audience.
- We don’t have the staff capacity — Don’t add work. Start by externalizing internal communications.
- We can’t afford this project — Many foundations support communication strategies for nonprofits, and all organizations should see this as an investment.
- We don’t want a mass audience — You won’t have one; you’ll have a relevant audience
Why you should do this: We need to invest in creating, growing and curating an audience interested in our mission who can be part of our strategy for the future.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Technically Media a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. This includes use in testimonials or other marketing material. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.