Philly Tech Week presented by AT&T: over 10,000 served 5.20.12 0
In what is now a yearly tradition, at the end of every April we organize Philly Tech Week, a week-long celebration of technology in Philadelphia.
Now that we’re more than a month removed from 2012’s big event we’d like to share statistics in the interest of transparency.
While some events measure success by seemingly ambiguous metrics based on a mix of attendees and marketing reach, we like to focus on theÂ infallibleÂ measurementÂ of actual human beings that actually attended an event. A tweet about Philly Tech Week is not the same as someone that attended. A newspaper article’s circulation is not the same as an attendee, either.
- 8 days length
- 88 events (added 20+ events compared to 2011)
- 60+ event organizers (added more than 15 from 2011)
- 10,000+ attendees (more double last year’s attendance)
- 300,000+ web impressions (grown from 100,000 in 2011)
- 5,000 print publications distributed (from 4,000 last year)
- 5,000+ Twitter mentions (5x 2011 mentions)
- 30 legacy media hits
- 45 blog hits
Attendee survey response:
- 73% of attendees agreed that Philly Tech Week offered â€œgreat programming, great speakers and a great networking experience.â€
- 59% of attendees said that Philly Tech Week brought attention to the tech scene locally. Thirty-six percent of attendees said that Philly Tech Week brought national attention.
- More than 50% attendees are interested in using services or products provided by sponsors of Philly Tech Week
For comparison, last year’s Philly Tech Week had 45 events with 4,000 confirmed attendees.
We look forward to continuing the growth of Philly Tech Week for years to come and thank all of the event organizers and attendees for their support.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Technically Media a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. This includes use in testimonials or other marketing material. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.