Baltimore Innovation Week 2012 inaugural impact report 10.10.12 0
In the inaugural Baltimore Innovation Week, our community pulled together more than 30 events, 25 partners and 1,500 attendees over 10 days.
Read the full status report on Technically Baltimore here.
- Together, we started an annual way to highlight and connect our entrepreneurship, technology and innovation conversations.
- More than 30 events from 25 partners with more than 1,500 attendees over 10 days that ranged in focus from entrepreneurship to economic development to arts to hacking, design and development came together and brought out new faces.
- Startups and products launched, including NewsUp, social discovery mobile app Crowdstich and Easy WebContentâ€™s Presenter.
- GBTC held Marylandâ€™s first hackathon that featured representatives from city, state and federal government agencies.
- 15 projects launched as part of the latest Startup Weekend Baltimore, including winner TeamPassword.
- Venture for America unveiled plans to launch its fellowship program in Baltimore.
- TechBreakfast continued its growth as the regionâ€™s premiere startup demo event.
- Pitch Across Maryland brought Gov. Oâ€™Malley to Baltimore to show off his entrepreneurship-fueling work.
- The University of Maryland Biopark launched a new entrepreneurship demo series, starting with its incubated healthcare applications platform startup Analytics Informatics.
- Education Ignite welcomed more than 200 people to hear about the changing education climate in Baltimore.
- Leaders Kickoff breakfast featured event organizers and community leaders celebrating Baltimoreâ€™s wide technology community, including entrepreneurship, digital access and smarter government efforts. That event featured Western High School RoboDoves robotics team captain Keimmie Booth.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Technically Media a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. This includes use in testimonials or other marketing material. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.