Technical.ly is a news organization that helps you navigate your local economy. We help our community of professionals with our independent newsroom, events and services. We tell stories of work and economies in change — and how your company fits — by reporting in Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. Baltimore, Delaware, Pittsburgh and other cities. Our audience is made of technologists, entrepreneurs and other company builders, especially HR and people operations professionals. We are an employer brand platform and lead generation tool powered by journalism thinking. We write not just about our communities but for our communities, helping even the most senior professional advance and grow. Find examples of our deepest journalism here.
We host quarterly events:
- NET/WORK (Q1) — a tech jobs fair with a flair
- Technical.ly Developers Conference (Q2) — a ‘tasting menu’ of technical case studies (This takes place during our Philly Tech Week)
- Introduced by Technical.ly (Q2) — our ‘user conference’ focused on building better workplaces. (This takes place during our Philly Tech Week)
- Super Meetup (Q3) — a gathering of active, local technical meetup groups
- Technical.ly Awards (Q4) — honoring local leaders in entrepreneurship, technology and innovation
Generocity.org helps nonprofit and mission-first professionals stay informed and navigate their careers with our independent newsroom, events and services. We are a professional development community, supporting existing and aspiring leaders in their continuing education and network building. Our audience is made of nonprofit professionals, social entrepreneurs, philanthropists and civic leaders.
We write not just about what missions are, but how missions are executed to promote smarter, more significant impact in our community. For Philadelphia, we publish daily reporting; offer and promote professional development opportunities; host impact jobs fair INTER/VIEW, case study event series Tech in the Commons and our annual conference on smarter impact, ADVANCE.